Product Data Sheet
Altex Yacht & Boat Paint Polyurethane Undercoat is a high performance, sandable undercoat which exhibits a number of significant advantages over existing PUR undercoats.
By combining new technology polyurethane binders, Altex Polyurethane Undercoat features excellent build characteristics & superior water resistance, coupled with low temperature cure & extended pot life. The sanding qualities are second to none.
Polyurethane Undercoat is recommended for:
- Use above the waterline only
- Maximised adhesion when transitioning between epoxy undercoats and the selected polyurethane finish coat - in all marine situations
- Direct application to sanded, aged polyurethane topcoats for “Two step – Two coat” maintenance repaint work
- Exterior topside & superstructure final sealing to provide a fully recoatable surface for extended periods before sanding & finish coating
- Application over all AY&B epoxy systems
- Excellent build tolerance up to 100µm DFT in a two pass application
- Superior sanding properties
- Wide maximum over coating times for easy project management